Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Well, this is the last day. A 30-day month would have ended yesterday, but I went for one more day, and wait until you see how it ends!!

It started badly enough. I grabbed two car-mugs of decaf and three pieces of leftover grilled zucchini and headed for Weight Watchers. I have to go at least once a month, I think, to keep my lifetime active.

Anyway, I was up 2.4 pounds!! I was depressed for the rest of the day. The meeting leader says she never ate salty foods for a couple of days before a weigh-in. I would love to blame this 2.4 on the sesame sticks and take no responsibility for the bourbon! But looking back on a month, I think I deserve those pounds. Now I have to take 'em off, take 'em all off.

I was too depressed to eat lunch.

We met Tom and Nikki at the Cambridge Brew Pub in Granby for an early dinner. I had one of their beers, a dark ale. It was wonderful. Better than Guinness because there was no bitterness. Close to the Guinness at the Guinness factory in Ireland.

I had a bowl of their steamed mussels with my ale.

Really good!

Then I had a steak salad, which was also really good, but it didn't come sliced on the salad. There were large cubes of steak, and it was a tad rare. But once I cut it up, it tasted really good.

I had a glass of Pinot Noir and a roll, too.


OK, now for the big ending to a month of food!

Morrow wanted to go to Carvel's. I didn't think I wanted anything, but after one ale and one glass of wine, I guess the memory of those 2.4 pounds was a little foggy.

I had a cup of ice cream that had some Swiss Miss Cocoa ice cream, some coffee ice cream and some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Then the girl rolled the top in chocolate sprinkles and dumped a bunch of oreo cookie crumbles all over the whole thing.

AND I ATE THE WHOLE THING!!

Taking off the 2.4 pounds starts tomorrow!!

This has been interesting, but not really game-changing, not that I entered into it thinking I'd change my game. I don't know what I thought I'd learn, if anything. But it was something interesting to do. I could be talked into doing it again......

1 comment:

  1. beer and ice cream. a fitting end to the blog!
    Thank you for doing this. It has been fun for me... in a vouyeristic ( I can't spell that) kind of way. I think that I missed my calling and should have been a sociologist of food. I don't even know what that means, but it sounds right.
    if you come up with another blog challenge, let me know!

    ReplyDelete