Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Breakfast: running late so I grabbed two cheese sticks and a cup of coffee with milk and sped off to yoga-pilates. I was able to do most of it with the ankle.


Carol came over after Senior Center exercise class and we played Scrabble. I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, ham and blue cheese with the last of the asiago dressing, which wasn't much.



I found some leftover cold coffee, added a few ice cubes and a little milk.


Mid afternoon tea was a cranberry-ginseng herbal.



















While making dinner, I had a small glass of red wine and a combination of dried cranberries and sesame sticks. Turns out, it is a very addictive combination, and I dipped into the bags two more times more for refills, only once for cranberries. I have to get rid of these sesame sticks!!!





Dinner was breaded chicken tenders and grilled zucchini. I made a salsa from some of the mango-onion salsa I bought plus plain yogurt, cardamom, and chopped fresh mint, probably the last from the garden for the year. It was OK, not truly awesome.

After SONE rehearsal, I had a drink which I think IS truly awesome, and I think I'll name it The Big Apple since it's a variation on a Manhattan.

The Big Apple

2 oz 12-year-old Apple Brandy
1 oz. red vermouth

Simple, on ice, and awesome.

I ended the day with a cup of decaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment