Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sleepy day, stomach in full-blown rebellion!

Red grapes and decaf for breakfast.

For lunch, I mixed some packaged cream of broccoli soup (Stop 'n' Shop's Nature's Promise line) with the leftover broccoli from last night, water and all. So it was thinner than what was in the package, but was quite OK for an upset stomach.

I added a few sesame sticks to it.







I was so sleepy that I actually went to bed and took a real nap, not just nodding off on the couch.

Later on, my stomach started feeling a little better. I had a small tomato as a snack. RIsky behavior -- acid!

Carol came over so we could watch the second half of a BBC drama I had rented on Netflix called "North and South." So we were fixing dinner and cocktails while watching the movie. Both of us had to leave for 7 pm engagements.







Cocktail tonight fast, not exotic. The Cheech, named for Cheech Marin of Cheech and Chong and invented (?) by Green Day: Tequila and tonic, with a wedge of lemon.

For dinner, I threw together not-quite-fish tacos. I used frozen breaded haddock, the last of the fresh salsa I didn't like, a little grated jack cheese and shredded lettuce instead of cabbage, no cilantro and no sauce. The ingredients are all good, but overall effect is not what I was hoping for.


I went to the Monday night knitting-sewing-quilting group at Border's again, and again it was someone's birthday, so there was a homemade lemon cake. I almost finished my piece before remembering to take its picture. And I forgot to take a picture of the cup of coffee I bought to go with the cake.

This dessert thing could be habit forming. No more for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment