Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday, September 3, 2010

Breakfast was yogurt, half of a very hard nectarine, and one date sliced up. Very nice.

Then off in a rip with coffee in the car.

A pre-op physical and off to Charlotte Hungerford (hospital) to get my operation records from 2003. A stop at the new doc's office, and then the supermarket to get something for Morrow to have for dinner.

I bought a package of sushi (California roll with brown rice!!) for my lunch and was so hungry that I opened it and ate most of it in the car.
I had a 7:30 dinner date with Sam McCord and Carol Bushey and Naomi Cardello, but by 5:30, I was starving. I had the rest of my lunch sushi and a couple of jiggers full of sesame stick snacks.
I'm definitely not good at eating out and recording it!! We got to Dos Amigos in Torrington, and it was so full that there was a 40-45 minute wait, so once we all got there (we were missing Naomi but had Amy and Lisa instead), we decided to go somewhere else. A phone call to Bochi's (Baci's?) was enough to get us a table.
For a cocktail, I had a Sea Witch, which is vodka oranj, pineapple juice and blue curaƧao. I asked them to cut some of the sweetness with a little lime juice. I htink they did, but the pineapple juice was the dominant flavor.
An interesting drink, nonetheless.
The pictures are way too dark, and even Photoshop didn't do a lot to help, as the photos were also somewhat blurry.

This is our appetizer course. We ordered blackened sea scallops on spinach (the upper right of the small plate and the dish at the top of the picture, and a plate of fried calimari with spicy tomato sauce. My little plate has a few rings of calimari on it. I had several rings and tried a bundle of the tentacles but found them a little chewy. The rings were much better than I thought they'd be. 

The blackened scallops were wonderful!!

I had a Cobb Salad for dinner, didn't quite finish it, along with a glass of Pinot Grigio, but my picture was way too blurry. I took a picture of the empty glass and the mostly finished bowl of salad, but the pictures were so lame, I didn't include them. I tried flash on one picture, but the glare was terrible. Consider the day photographed because I tried!

It was a very dark restaurant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment