Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wow, it's so easy to forget a day just two days ago!

Breakfast was yogurt and two plums cut up on it. And my decaf. I've had an upset digestive tract since the surgery. I think it's from not moving much. Anyway, I thought this would feel good.

Went to church for almost the first time since Easter. St. John's Pine Meadow. Want to like it there because it's close by and I could walk or bike.

Carol came over after church and took me to the supermarket. I needed catfood and vegetables and fruit.

I bought some figs and had to have two of them right at Stop 'n' Shop.

I had two more when I got home.

And then I tried one of those Asian noodle cups, one that didn't have as many calories as they usually do.

It was so sweet, I had to check the ingredients. The second ingredient was dried cane juice. They would have been a lot better without the sweetness.

Scrabble, of course, and then went to sew but started looking at the patterns I had bought the other day at Wal-Mart. I want to make some winter skirts, went crazy at Goodwill, but still didn't find exactly what I was looking for. So on the spur of the moment, we jumped in the car and drove to Joann's in Waterbury. I bought fabric for two skirts and spent more than all the clothes I bought at Goodwill. And I still have to make the skirts!!



The cocktail at the right is NOT the one I made and drank, but it looks just like it, so I used the photo from a couple of nights ago.



This one is called Eldersour:

1 1/2 oz. rose-hip infused vodka (homemade)
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1/2 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 egg white
Shake vigorously in a shaker, and garnish with several drops of Peychaud's bitters.

And a few honey-roasted peanuts. Didn't like them either. Too sweet. Not that I don't like things sweet -- look at the cocktail! But nuts and Asian noodles should be salty.

Really good dinner. Turkey cutlets, which are 1/4" thick slices of organic turkey breast (obviously sliced when the turkey was frozen, because the slices are so perfect), dredged in packaged breadcrumbs and sauteed in part margarine, part vegetable oil, salt and petter. And steamed broccoli.

The wine is foamy because I poured it into the same glass I had my foamy cocktail in.

Couldn't resist finished the little bit of New York Chocolate Ben and Jerry's. There wasn't much.

LOVE CHOCOLATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment