Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday, September 10, 2010



Another day of inactivity.

Breakfast was late -- I actually stayed in bed until 9 this morning!!

This picture reminds me of how much fun I had taking a picture a day, and when I had themes. This would have been amazing for Circles. The plate, the coffee cup, the egg, and the shadows -- all circles. Cool!

Lunch: Thank God I made that big bowl of tabbouleh the other day. I'm just not in the mood to do anything difficult. I almost hit the peanut butter until I remembered I had this. Makes a really nice lunch.

Spent the entire day working on the bottle database on the computer. It's frustrating because it takes so long to find the pictures, and I have to take a bunch of them over again that were on my computer, not backed up, when it was stolen last year. But it's pretty brainless work.

Putting the leftover stuffed shells in the oven, I made up a new cocktail. Sweet, but the lemon brightened it up. I'll call it, temporarily anyway, the

Better Than Vicodin

2 oz. bourbon
almost a full ounce fresh lemon juice -- it could be less
1/4 oz. Amaretto
1/4 oz. La Belle Orange (could be Grand Marnier, but Orange CuraƧao would be too cloying)
3 dashes of orange bitters.

I stirred it with ice instead of shaking and straining into a cocktail glass, just because I didn't want to walk to get the shaker or the glass.

Dinner: stuffed shells, a little applesauce, and a piece of rosemary bread.

And a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon. In the same glass as I had my cocktail in -- the bits of lemon are what makes the glass look dirty.


And tonight's splurge was a little of the New York Chocolate Whatever ice cream and a little Cherry Garcia.

I had a cup of decaf and forgot to take its picture. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment