Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breakfast: 6 pieces of brown rice California roll I bought to take to New Hampshire for lunch and then didn't take it.

And my jo.

Church shopping again this week. I walked in the wrong door and walked right into the choir stalls! Oops.

Came home with a mission to get all that bad quilting pulled from M&M's quilt. I have a re-match with the machine next Wednesday, but I want it done.

Got busy with various projects and forgot to eat lunch. I even put tea water on twice and never made the tea.

Getting ready for dinner, I just had to have a few of those peanuts I claim not to like.

And I had a Millionaire cocktail, one from Dr. Cocktail's book of Vintage and Forgotten Cocktails. This one is really good, and pretty to boot.



The Millionaire

1 1/2 oz. Myers rum
1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
3/4 oz. Apricot brandy liqueur
3/4 oz. Sloe gin

The sloe gin is what makes it red. A really ice drink!

Carol was over and we started a game of Scrabble. She had to leave before it was done, but she was cleaning my clock!

Tried something new for dinner. One of those frozen dinners in a bag that are made in a skillet. This claimed to be shrimp curry for two with Indian bread called Porotta. Similar to naan. Well, there were about five shrimp total in the whole bag. I added some from the freezer. And it was spicy, even though the package said mild. But not too spicy to eat. I actually liked it.

Glass of white wine too.

I also made rice. Without the rice and the extra shrimp, there really would not have been enough. It wasn't bad, but I'm not rushing out to buy it again.

Had another half piece of the porotta with another half glass of white wine.










(The wine picture is bigger than the bread picture, not because wine is better than bread -- which it is -- but because I thought the picture looked like the ceiling in an operating room, or a raw egg with a see-through yolk, or something exotic. Too bad the dirty plate and fork were in the picture!)

Ankle killing me! Desperate for chocolate. Had a square of my dark chocolate bar I keep for days I really need it, and had a handful of dried cranberries with it.

That was so good together than I made a little bowl of yogurt and added some dried cranberries, a few mini bittersweet chocolate chips which have to be at least 2 years old (buried in the pantry in a jar), and one piece of candied ginger cut up. Stirred it all up, and it was great!

Still wish it had been chocolate ice cream, or mocha chip. Now that would be perfect.

But this wasn't a bad invention.



I'm pretty sure I had a cup of decaf too, let it get cold and never took a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment