Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I think I was still full of brownies and ice cream this morning because NOTHING I had in the fridge looked at all good for breakfast.

My cup of decaf.

The day started out sunny and warm, then turned cloudy by mid-morning, but by mid afternoon, the weather had turned perfect!!! So good to see the sun again.





Lunch after spending a bunch of time on the computer this morning and then sewing a bit:

A mug of my green soup. I tried it cold, but I like it better heated a little. Just enough to take the chill off. A toasted corn tortilla and a couple of slices of ham and a spoonful of egg salad. And a big glass of iced coffee with a dash of low-fat chocolate milk in it. The chocolate didn't taste. I probably didn't use enough of it.

Remember that old Sesame Street song, "Everybody Eats," which shows animals and people all eating. Well, we all ate together today.

Chai had a large milk bone.
Snickers and Weezel had some kind of catfood. And I can't seem to get the photos to behave at all in today's post!!!


This is Weezel, eating on a pile of magazines on the kitchen counter!








Late afternoon, I attempted to go to The Fabric Bug in Thomaston, but she had closed. Carol and I thought she was open late on Thursdays.

Morrow is down at Andrew's for a few days, so Carol came over for dinner and a couple of Scrabble games. 
During our first game, we had drinks and a snack. 

In honor of national Whiskey Sour Day (which was yesterday, but I didn't know about it until last night), I had a whiskey sour and a cheese stick.

After Game #1, which I won by a very narrow margin, we both made dinner. Ratatouille, in which the only non-local ingredients were the onion from Texas, the capers and the olive oil; a George Forman grilled fillet of chicken breast, and a beautiful ear of local corn.

And I had a glass of shiraz.
And we played another game while we ate.

And I had a second glass of shiraz.

But these are SMALL glasses. Really. Like 4 ounces! It's a juice glass.


And I did not take a picture of the bite of leftover ratatouille I just ate because it's no-man's-land in the food day -- 1:30 am.

I'll be away for the next two days, but the camera will go with me, and I'll catch up on Sunday night.

I do drink, don't I???

No comments:

Post a Comment