Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Another great Wisdom House breakfast. This morning's hot choice was oatmeal, and I wasn't in the mood, so I had a larger bowl of yogurt with some granola, a scoop of wild blueberries (canned, I think), and a few red grapes.

And a cup of decaf.

Another great rehearsal!! We are truly on the way to Seattle.

I stopped at Carol's for a cup of tea and a game of Scrabble before coming home.

Home for lunch! Finished my pot of green soup with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.


When we left Wisdom House, Marion gave each of us a parting token, a mint in a gold wrapper with a star, because we're all stars! So I had it for dessert.



Martha suggested I make a bunny or two for the recipients of her baby quilts (what does this have to do with food? Nothing!)

Here is the almost finished first in a new edition of bunnies.

Awesome to get back to having a cocktail!! I had another whiskey sour because the last one was so good. And a handful of hard pretzel pieces (what was left in the bottom of the bag) and a quarter cup or so of red pepper hummus.

Dinner was a piece of George Formaned salmon (salt and pepper), and a big salad with the melange of baby lettuces, a whole local tomato, a goodly bit of feta cheese, the end of a bottle of Annie's "Lite" honey mustard dressing and the end of a bottle of red wine -- shiraz?

4 comments:

  1. ah, now I know your secret to sveltness: none of my beloved carbs! where would I be without... bread... toast... pasta... potatoes... grits... polenta... bulghar wheat?
    Have you turned your gourmet group, the 'Dining Divas" (a.k.a. the "Sauce Goddesses") onto this blog?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you grammarian, you!! Yeah, I guess I do drink a lot, but that's why I don't eat those carbs -- to save up the calories for the important stuff!

    Perhaps I should alert the divas, eh?

    ReplyDelete