Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Here's a clue to my morning: the coffee (decaf) is in my best travel mug. I'm on the road early.

Breakfast is Activia Plain (not Vanilla!) yogurt, a few slices of banana and a sprinkling of granola on it.

And decaf.

Doctor's appointment, and I had to return one of our attempted futon covers, before we got the one we used. Bed Bath took it back instantly.

Lunch: a toasted corn tortilla with two slices of ham, a small spoonful of egg salad, and a couple of spoonfuls of the mango salsa I got the other day.

Plus eight various-sized cherry tomatoes from my own tomato plant.





Cocktail hour came, and I wanted to finish the odd things in the fridge. One of these was a bowl of white peach puree which I had made for Bellinis (white peach puree and champagne). I'd done this some time ago, and the puree was getting kind of electric. (That's my word for when fruit and fruit juice begins to ferment a bit. Fresh orange juice is especially prone to becoming electric.)

Anyway, the drink is called Peach Me Up and I got it off the internet.

2 oz white tequila
3/4 oz. peach schnapps
3 oz. peach puree
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice

And I was hungry, so I had a low-fat mozzarella stick (in my empty cocktail glass).



Dinner was a quickie chicken parmesan. Morrow had some left over from his take-out last night (when I was gorging on Indian food in Port Chester), so I cooked some frozen breaded chicken tenders, then put them and the leftovers in a baking dish with a dab of Classico tomato and basil pasta sauce and a bunch of grated Parmesan. It came out good, and the ziti, which I reheated in the microwave, were part of Morrow's leftovers.

Yes, that's a glass of red wine too.

After dinner, Carol and Judy K. came over for scrabble. It was so hot that we played outside and continued to drink wine, with club soda.













This was very diluted, with ice and club soda.


I ended the evening with a single square of chocolate and a cup of leftover morning coffee diluted with a lot of milk.













One of my Facebook friends commented that she thought my blog was about dieting, and this should prove to anyone that I'm not on a diet!

I've eaten enough in the last couple of days to last a week, and tomorrow night, it's Mexican with some girlfriends!!

Mmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment